3.1.12

New Beginnings!



 I have a love hate relationship with the New Year! Love to set a few goals, hate looking back and seeing where I have not met or kept last years "resolutions" However this year I intend to cling to the fact that I know and love a God who is the God of new beginnings! Not a God of condemnation....I tend to carry this load of guilt when I fail, and for me that translates to not trying again. 
In the last few weeks headed up to this new year it was either pointed out to me, or because of a situation I was going through...revealed to me that when I fail, I quit all together, usually never to try again.....mind you I love all those quotes that talk about how failure doesn't define you, or that a failure doesn't mean that you should give up...I like those quotes...and for some reason I thought that I actually believed them, until I started looking back at my life at work as well as personal, and how often I just toss in the towel. Not across the board, but pretty close! There are some things of course I try try again. But often not. So I have been asking myself why? Why do I do that, and what am I going to do about it? I'll not bore you with my answers, but am determined to not only answer that question, but to move on! To try! To apply to my life all the advice & encouragement I so freely give to others (when asked of course!)
It isn't so much about wanting to loose weight, or be more organised, kinder, more patient, read through the whole Bible, be a better wife, mother, nonna...I want to do all of those things! Sheesh it's an admirable list isn't it!?? But what I plan to do is not give up when criticized, or when I fail, to listen when someone has constructive criticism, but not give up because of it. To not be overly concerned what "everyone" else will think...I am 48 I really should have shed that skin a long time ago!! But intend to do it now! 
While thinking of all that I want to change I of course had to ask myself how? How do I, a quitter, plan to....well.....not quit at the first raised eyebrow, or crumble when I have failed at something? The first thing that came to my mind was this ~Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~ 
All Things.....the name of my blog, the irony is not lost on me here! In fact when that verse came to me, I didn't even think of my blog title! When choosing the title I knew it was a bible verse, but wasn't thinking of it in that term entirely, I was thinking mainly that my mind is all over the place at any given moment, and that I tend to have a million things on my mind at one time, so didn't want to confine my blog to one subject!!!! By naming it All Things, I could blog as random as I think!!! I can be pretty random...just as my hubby! 

So here I go, I am going to lean on the Lord, He is the God of All things, and if He is able to make the blind see, the deaf hear, to part the Red Sea...then He is able to make these tiny little changes in me! 
And you too! Never think you are a hopeless case, in Christ you aren't! He can do All Things!
Blessings!
K~

1 comment:

  1. hey Karen....i love that John Cleese walking photo (by the way)....interesting how the Lord causes us to "NAME" something according to His future plans in us....if we knew it before hand, perhaps we wouldn't obey...just amazing how He causes us to "accidentally" be obedient! i enjoy your "all things" --- angie k

    ReplyDelete