6.12.11

A little Bit!

Corban James!
My daughter in-law,Christin, asked what it is like having a grandson...I will have to be honest and say....I cannot say! I was unprepared for all the emotions that I have been feeling. In fact as I type this he is just a little over 2 weeks old, and it has taken me this long to sort out what I am feeling....I'm not quite there. I tend to need to chew on things when it comes to my emotions, and that's ok. I call myself an "under-reactor", not sure that it's better than a person who just reacts to a situation or is an over reactor....all can be useful, all can be harmful..
Anyway I had no idea I would feel so full of love for a child that isn't even mine! But then it hit me, as I was watching Tom hold Corban & the look on his face I realized that in Corban was a little bit of all 4 of us (that were in that room! )I know he has a lot more in him than just his parents & Tom and I. But in that moment, in that room with just us 4 I realized that that little baby was a little bit of all of us! How could I not love him with all of my mothers heart!? No wonder it's called "GRAND-parent"!!! It is indeed a grand thing! I am amazed at all that we are feeling about this little guy! I am looking forward to the days and weeks ahead sharing in the joys & milestones of his life! This "little bit" of us!!
K~

No comments:

Post a Comment