5.1.12

Made to Crave

Recently I heard the Author of the book "Made to Crave," I had actually never heard of the book prior to hearing her speak, but was intrigued! The book was written mainly for those who struggle with food. But as she spoke she also shared that this book can help in many area's of our lives. Her question was this. "What do you Crave More Than God?"
I started really thinking about it, asking the Lord to search my heart and show me.....and did He ever! I typically don't like to jump on the diet/book fad bandwagon. If its new and hip in the media world I usually am not interested...i.e. Atkins Diet, The Prayer of Jabez, Purpose Driven Life, Palm Beach Diet...I run...run the other way!!! So I was a little sceptical & felt a bit defensive that I was even considering ordering this thing!!! But I went the the Proverbs 31 website, and discovered that this book is in fact NOT new!!!! Hoooraay!!! But still I was beginning to doubt my need to read this and wanted to pass off what God had revealed to me  as perhaps just a bit of bad potato...wait no..that's from Christmas Carol...um just thought I could weasel my way out of facing the truth! It hurts to do that....but I believe in order to move on and be all that God has planned, I need to clean some things up!
So not only did I discover that the book was indeed not new, but that they offered a free online class to help you stay accountable and connected! Boom baby! I'm in!! Not only that but signed up for a few conference calls to listen to more encouragement! Was so excited that Matthew Barnett from the Los Angeles Dream Center will be one of the calls! He is a great speaker & we have been to the Dream Center many times!

So what about you? What do you crave more than God? Is it food? Drugs? Facebook!!(sorry had to put that one!!) Other people's approval??? Not sure? To many to list? Well know this, whether you choose to read this book, or think it's just a religious crazy craze.....just know this! There is a God & He created you to crave & be passionate! But more than that He created you to worship Him!!!Not  food, or other people's approval, not media! But Him!
 Ask Him, He will show you! He will reveal to you just what you need to change! Then He will make a way for you to do it!, He's good like that! Remember Roman's 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus! No guilt or shame! He loves you right where your at, in your mess!!! He is not afraid of your mess, He wants to help you out of it!
So......what do you crave?
K~

No comments:

Post a Comment